Listen Detailed Podcast How To Setup Outgoing Hotmail SMTP Server
Are you facing difficulties in sending emails from your Hotmail account? It is a common issue among users and can be caused by incorrect hotmail SMTP server setting for outgoing mail. Hotmail, also known as Outlook, is a widely used email service globally for both personal and professional communication.
In this article, we will discuss the Hotmail SMTP server setting for outgoing email and how to set it up correctly.
What is SMTP?
SMTP stands for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, which is an Internet standard used for sending and receiving emails. It is responsible for transferring outgoing emails from your email client, such as Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail, to the recipient’s email server. An SMTP server transfers an email from one server to another by sending commands and responses.
Hotmail SMTP Server Setting for Outgoing Email
To send emails from your Hotmail account, you need to configure the Hotmail SMTP server setting for outgoing email correctly. Here are the Hotmail SMTP server setting that you need to enter in your email client:
|User Name||Your Email Address (For Ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Password||Your Email Account Password added here!|
|Incoming Server hostname||smtp.office365.com|
|Required Authentication?||Yes, you email account Username/email and Password will be required|
Hotmail SMTP Server Setting for Outgoing Email Clients
Setting up Hotmail SMTP in Microsoft Outlook
Step#1: Open Microsoft Outlook and go to File > Info > Add Account.
Step#2: Enter your Hotmail email address and click Connect.
Step#3: Enter your Hotmail email password and click Connect again.
Step#4: Once your account is verified, select Manual setup or additional server types and click Next.
Step#5: Choose POP or IMAP and click Next.
Step#6: Enter the Hotmail SMTP server setting for outgoing email and click More Settings.
Step#7: Under the Outgoing Server tab, select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
Step#8: Under the Advanced tab, enter the SMTP port number and encryption type.
Step#9: Click OK, then Next, and finally Finish.
Setting up Hotmail SMTP in Apple Mail
- Open Apple Mail and go to Mail > Preferences > Accounts.
- Click the plus (+) sign to add a new account.
- Select Exchange and enter your Hotmail email address, password, and description.
- Click Sign In and wait for the account to be verified.
- Once verified, select the Advanced tab.
- Enter the Hotmail SMTP server setting for outgoing email and the port number.
- Select Use SSL and Password Authentication.
- Click Save.
Troubleshooting SMTP Issues
If you encounter any issues while Hotmail SMTP Server Setting for outgoing email, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Double-check your SMTP settings: Ensure that you have entered the correct SMTP server address, port number, encryption type, and authentication credentials. Even a small typo can cause SMTP errors.
- Check your internet connection: Make sure that you have a stable internet connection as SMTP requires a reliable internet connection to send emails.
- Disable your firewall or antivirus: Sometimes, your firewall or antivirus can interfere with SMTP connections. Try disabling them temporarily to see if it resolves the issue.
- Contact Hotmail support: If you still cannot send emails, contact Hotmail support for assistance. They can help you diagnose and resolve any SMTP-related issues.
In conclusion, Hotmail SMTP server setting for outgoing email are crucial for sending emails from your Hotmail account. Make sure that you have entered the correct SMTP server address, port number, encryption type, and authentication credentials to ensure that your emails are sent successfully. If you encounter any issues, use the troubleshooting tips discussed above or contact Hotmail support for assistance.